Why oh why must they feel like they need to change so much of LJ Smiths' books when they became TV shows???? My beef lies primarily with The Secret Circle (as my undying love for Damon on TVD squelches any bad feelings I have over a brunette Elena :/ ) I'm not listing them, but I just want to rant a second.... These books were my childhood, my formative years!! Though I must say I have a fascination with Thomas Dekkers' eyes... Anyway, I am grateful they're bringing LJ's books to the screen and for her rise back to popularity, so that I can now retire my old worn copies of her books for the fresh combined ones.
I hope they opt for a movie of the Forbidden Game, or maybe a TV mini-series. But they better not change a DAMN thing! Lol, It's one of my favorite books of all time! My wedding ring even has the words "All I refuse, thee I choose" inscripted on the inside just like in the book!
Here's my favorite books if anyone's' interested...
1) "The Other Side of Midnight" by Sidney Sheldon (and his other books)
2) "Memoirs of A Geisha" by Arthur Golden
3) "The Hunger Games" series by Suzanne Collins
4) "The Mortal Instruments" series by Cassandra Clare
5) "The Forbidden Game" series by LJ Smith (along with The Secret Circle)
6) "Harry Potter" books by JK Rowling
7) "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" books by Rick Riordan
8) "Sookie Stackhouse" books by Charlaine Harris
9) "A Thin Dark Line" by Tami Hoag
10) "A Walk to Remember" by Nicholas Sparks
So I won the "Best Fanartist" award for the First Annual 'Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices' Awards!!! Here: [link]
I am so honored! It's really something amazing to me to be able to have my art tweeted and pimped by Cassandra Clare herself to so many people. I am forever grateful. And thank you to all those who voted for me!! It makes me want to draw more for the most awesome fandom I've experienced in a looooong time.